Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Three Poems

If you have a funny, unique, amazing story about Provincetown or a story that has impressed and / or changed the way you see the world, then your experience belongs here. Please send us your thoughts at ProvincetownTourismOffice@gmail.com for publication.


Barb from New Jersey wrote three poems and they go like this:
You Are So Beautiful 


I love to watch you from afar
You sparkle and you shine
For years I knew I'd have to share
Yet still, you felt like mine

 Each day I think of only you
So wishing I was there
My heart just leaps as time grows near
Your beauty sweet and rare

 So sad am I when we're apart
I weep and feel so down
You're more than just a place to me
You have a soul P-Town

Your heart beats softly, you're alive
So many feel like me
You carry peace within that heart
You're where I want to be


On My Return

Reincarnation makes such sense
Our spirit could return
So unaware we could come back
With lessons that we learn

 I'd like to be someone who laughs
Someone who's rarely down
If I come through this life again
Hope I'm in Provincetown

 A seagull on McMillan's Wharf
A Herring Cove full moon
The sea grass blowing in the wind
The sweet sand on the dune

The person in the candy store
I'd see the children smile
A painter looking at the dusk
Projecting my own style

 A street performer in the square
I'd sing for all to hear
If my next life's in Provincetown
Please let my time be near


Miss Ellie

Each person that we come across
Will touch us in some way
Some just pass through but Ellie, no
Inside your heart she'll stay
The harshest winters disappear
Excitement starts to grow
For soon it's time for Provincetown
Good riddance to the snow!
The drive seems long but worth the wait
To see the ocean's foam
No matter where we've been before
P-Town just feels like home
Of all the beauty, sights and scents
The peace this town will bring
Our favorite part is to relax
And hear sweet Ellie sing
She makes so many people smile
Each day new souls she'll touch
Miss Ellie, we all pray for you
We love you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment