Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Me and You and Provincetown"


Lobster Pot Tree and Pilgrim Monument
Me and You and Provincetown

Adore the spring in Provincetown
Love winter, summer, fall.
When I am there feel safe again
The seasons, love them all.
 
The only time I'm so at peace
Can actually be "me"
Is when I'm home in Provincetown
I smile, feel good, feel free.
 
I'll talk a lot in Provincetown
I feel so different there
You laugh sometimes at how I change
Fall in Provincetown
My thoughts I freely share.
 
When I brought you to Provincetown
Was sure true love I'd found
Serenity just filled your eyes
You did not make a sound.
 
When we can live in Provinccetown
Our dreams will all come true
It is the place I love so much
The person, that is you...
 
 
Barb, NJ

3 comments:

  1. The poem makes you want to go to Provincetown. Wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its truley a great fun place very different then where we come from a magical place to meet someone and fall in love even if its a a one nighter. Its like we have loved a life time. Also sad some times you never see that pertso n ever again.Perhaps in another life, who knows life is short so enjoy and be free and reach out to fall for someone special. This happened to me when I was younger a special person came along and we spent a whole week together and then it ended back home to the real world But it is like I knew that person a life time so many attractions in Ptown. Love comes when we least exspect it. Thats what happened to me. wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my friend, I know its sad this has happened to myself and other friends that went to Ptown,
    When your young..... its so much easier to meet someone and fall for someone special. But as we get older its so much harded. Are face ages we lose are looks we get fat some get bald, and out of shape.
    The old are not wanted we all go through these changes in life both gay and straight.I think its better to have a soul mate a partner, for life then to be alone for the rest of your life.Its so hard living without love, The only love that I have is my family and my pets. But still no partner yet I know hes out there somehwere. Somewhere in time or perhaps yes in another life. JC

    ReplyDelete